Monday, May 8, 2017

Card in a box tutorial

Good morning! We are in the baseball play off's boys and girls, woot woot! Saturday was a beautiful day on the field and we had a great team we played for the double header. Gracious hosts especially since it was a two hour drive to their school. EEK!  Great time with the kids on the road trip up and beautiful landscape along the way. This week is game one and two if we win out we continue otherwise it is winner goes home. Let's hope we can win out and continue to the championship. Now for my creation...



 Mother's day is just a few days away so I figured I better get going on my cards. This is my first Card in a box along with new dies from Power Poppy. This is the final project with the tutorial just under for you to create your own. So let's get started.


 Supplies: Peony Muse stamp set, Peony Muse dies, Surprise box die, cardstock, adhesive, embellishments desired.


Step 1: Die cut box base and designer paper tabs if desired. Also one insert for the center of the box.


Step 2: Adhere designer paper tabs to the box if using designer paper. Pre-fold your edges and the tabs. Add adhesive to the tiny edge to secure to edge. Note, when you fold the box the decorative edges will want to be facing out. Pref-old before to get the idea of the shape.


Step 3: Fold into box shape and secure edge as shown.


 Step 4: To the left is what the box will look like when laying flat. To the right is what it looks like when opened up at a stand.


Step 5: Add adhesive to the edges of the insert piece and secure to the inside of the box. This is looking at the box from the top view.  Stamp the flowers, stems and leaves onto cardstock. Color as desired and then die cut with the matching dies. (picture not shown, I forgot that one. Sorry)


Step 6: I found that laying the box flat on top of the envelope helped me to position the pieces without going over the edge. This helps as it will slide right into the envelope and nothing gets torn.  :-)  Position the first bloom along the back with some leaves peeking out the edge. I didn't actually adhere the bloom at first until I knew how it would look.


Step 7: After I adhered the flower I folded up the box to see what it would look like.


Step 8: Start to layer as desired the remaining blooms. Notice (below) that my first one is moved a little. I found that you were not able to see it as well so I just removed it carefully and moved it up a tad.


Step 9: Added more leaves and a smaller bloom. Here is the card standing up. Now you can finish decorating as desired.


The final card in a box using Peony Muse. My sentiment is from Sweet memories stamp set die cut using a few dies. Added another peony bud to the edge, some sparkle to the petals and some sparkling enamel dots. I have another mom's card to create, in the meantime hope you get a chance to create your own. Have a wonderful day. 

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, I LOVE this card-in-a-box tutorial! It's so beautiful, and I really appreciated seeing each step and how great this die is...now you have me looking at it more as a possibility for a special card. Now I wait for a sale, eh? Anyway, you are so creative, my friend, and I love the peonies you've placed in the box! And woohoo for the boys! Routing for them to go all the way!! They surely have a great cheerleader in you!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That's quite the gorgeous card in a box, quite the die set, quite the fabulous big peony! Very special! Good luck to the boys!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

This is a little bit of spectacular! I just love the rose idea. I didn't know that PP sold the die. You did a nice tutorial using it. It's just so pretty I had to pin it to my Box Cards board!
(I miss baseball. My boys were All Stars!)

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous surprise box Stacy... Love the big blooms... Awesome tutorial and to my surprise someone has a die for the box.... They really do think of everything...

KathyA. said...

Your coloring of these blooms is exquisite. What a wonderful bouquet that won't ever wilt!