Friday, May 5, 2017

Thank you Tree Peony

Good morning and happy Friday.  It is a new month and that means a new Power and Spark challenge. This months challenge is brought to us by Kathy and the challenge is Frame it Up! That's right and her samples are fantastic. Check out the PP Blog here for links and details!


I have yet to get mine done for this month, so in the meantime I did play with the Tree Peony digi. Oh did you see the newest digi released today? It is called Plant Kindness and Marcy has some info and where to find it at the PP blog found HERE



My card is using the awesome Tree Peony. My bloom is a little larger for the card front yet not over taking the entire card. However, I really really want to just enlarge this bad boy and go to town. When I have some time to color I will have to do just that.  ;-)
  The petals and leaves are colored with various Copic markers. Then delicately cut around the edges and added dimensionals to the back to pop it up off the card front. Some designer paper from the pile was added to the red base and dry embossed some swiss dots to the kraft panel. A strip of red added and my sentiment to the top right. A few red brads and some sparkle to the petals. Voila! 



You are gonna want to play along in this months challenge. You know why? Because.... Marcy is offering up a $50 shopping spree to the Power Poppy store! WHOHOHOO!!!  So get those blooms, frames and markers and play along! Have a wonderful day! 


6 comments:

Nan0807 said...

Love the card! Your color combination is perfect!

Kathy Jones said...

Stac, I just love the colours and design of your beautiful card and your peony looks amazing!!! Gorgeous card my friend!!!

Unknown said...

I love that bold blossom, it's so beautiful! I like that Designer paper too and your pretty design! Lovely all over!

ChristineCreations said...

What fun rich reds Stac. That patterned paper is really sweet too. Gives it a country kitchen feel.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Stacy, this is beautiful! I absolutely love this flower and how gorgeous you've colored it! And I love the DP with the kraft you've used and the embossing. Stunning layout and design...as always! Makes a exquisite thank-you card! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Fantastic coloring and design! Ohhh that flower, the pretty paper, the Swiss dots on kraft... you WOW me, Stacy!