Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fall or Summer? This is still the question

Our weather took a nose dive into the 80's this week and plans to stay in this range. I guess we are into fall now, yea!  ;-)  This weeks Featured Stamper 395 is Kathy aka Rosekathleenr. I choose this Beautiful Juliet card to case. Kept the over all design, colors, a stemmed delicate image and ribbon. Changed the dies, image and moved the ribbon placement.


My stamp is from Sunny Harvest that I stamped on white card stock and colored with Copic markers. I then die cut using Spellbinders ovals, layered onto a garden green layer of another die. Added swiss dots to the burgundy card stock layered onto the garden green Spellbinders shape. Wrapped the ribbon around the base and tied my bow with a few pearls. Voila! Hope you can play along this week!


6 comments:

Pauline said...

Stacy, this is gorgeous. I love the colours and how you framed the image. Beautifully done using those dies.

JD/ Jill said...

This is so beautifully done! A great case of Kathy's Lovely card. It made my day to see that Kathy was chosen this week.

Sewflake said...

Pretty colors for the Christmas theme.

Becky said...

Beautiful card and beautiful image.

CherylQuilts said...

Pinned this last night and am now just getting to comment, Stac! I love this card and the colors you chose!! Beautiful Chinese lanterns, and I love the color combo and the dies! Really stunning! Hugs, sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

I suppose the 80's must feel pretty cool compared to what you've been having. We jumped up to the 90's yesterday, but looks like cooler today. Hope to get some stamping done. Anyway... this is gorgeous! Love how you colored the lanterns and bittersweet -- sort of the late season look. Fabulous!