Saturday, March 29, 2014

Word up!


 Celebrating Good Times -- Come On!  Mix and match the sentiments and graphics to create combinations that will have your besties saying, "Word Up!" This 4" by 6" set -- Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1 -- was hand-drawn from the wonderfully creative pen of Marcella Hawley.


Now I have made a few mix tapes in my day and thinking back on that now just makes me giggle. Especially when I think about the music that was on those tapes, and music I listened to. I mean NKOTB was HOT!  For those that have no idea what I am talking about...that is New Kids On The Block. Oh yea... You are smiling now thinking, oh yea! That was me right there dancing, singing and the music videos they had. Don't even get me started on how girlie and foolish I probably looked. HA!  I actually went looking for a CD of there's just because, Hey Jack... I like it still. ha!

I am having so much fun with this stamp set I tell you. This is rather different for me other than the white space of course. hee hee  I like the feeling, its easy, fun and makes you smile. The twine I have had in the stash forever with my goal of still using all these goodies sitting here. I punched some stars and threw on a few jewels. Voila!

 Twist on over and see the rest of the Bloom Brigade!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Tosha Leyendekker
Danielle Kennedy
Leslie Miller
Katie Sims

Tomorrow's set is sure to take your breath away. It's a beautiful botanical that symbolizes the strength and beauty of women and this illustration is 100% Marcella Hawley! See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Well isn't this just a dose of happiness? Love the shades of blues and those stars just add so much fun too -- great layout girlie!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is so FUN, Stacy! I can not only hear you saying "Word Up!", but I can also see you dancing around to NKOTB...and I'd be right there along side you if I was there. :) I'm a little surprised you chose blue and white though...hahaha. Love ya! ;)

Katie Sims said...

Darling...there's a word for ya! :) Love your CAS style Stacy and this is no exception! Yeah, I'm with Cindy....blue and white? Who wudda thunk it? Hee....big hugs girlfriend, you ROCKED this one! :)

Joan V said...

What a fun card. Lovin" the color and creativity of your card, Stacy. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

I love all the fun on this card, Stacy! Great use of the different elements to make a person feel happy and perky looking at it. The funny thing is, I've made more cards with this set so far than any of the others. It just makes you want to create!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, fun and funky card! Great for a guy! Love it Stace!

Liz Williams said...

Loving seeing all the different ideas this set will create. A great guy card here!

Allison Cope said...

Awesome! I love the chevrons and the colour and the awesome vie it gives off Stacy! Congrats on being highlighted on the Splitcoast Facebook page too!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Too, too cute and fun!! LOVE the fab colors with the sweet stars and chevron strip!! So clever and striking!

Tracy said...

Oh gosh you just made me feel so old. My mix tapes were more in line with Marcella' s. LOL. Your card is fabulous Stacy. Great design. Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

EE! So cute, I love how you've laid out all the elements, it's so eye catching lady!