Friday, November 14, 2014

ODBD A Miracle Birth Looking back

Welcome to Our Daily Bread designs November Rewind. This release was super fun and you can see all the goodies HERE at the store. Be sure to check out the ODBD Blog for all the DT creations in one post. Now for my projects... 


You knew I was going to come out with a blue and white creation, right? hee hee  I used silver embossing on the large star from His Birth, then die cut using ODBD Custom Sparkling Stars. The gorgeous silver sparkly paper is from the new Winter Collection 2014 paper pack. Added some lace trim to the bottom and some silver ribbon tied into a bow. My sentiment from His Birth is stamped and die cut onto ODBD Custom Vintage Flourish Pattern die and sponged with caramel ink. Voila! 


Next is a fun and awesome gift for anyone, a cookie box! This box is a larger deeper box and can hold about 2 dozen cookies if you stack them right, or 1 1/2 if you randomly stack them. I have a tutorial called Cookie Box if you would like to create your own. Very basic box, but the outside is super special. I used turquoise ink and stamped the star from His Birth onto white card stock and then die cut using ODBD Custom Sparkling Stars die. Layered that onto pink card stock and then cut around the star. A white base behind the star using ODBD Custom Elegant Ovals that I layered onto some of the dreamy new Christmas Collection 2014 pattern paper. A few more of the Sparkling stars for the corners with a few ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage swirls and some sequins. There is hints of sparkle all over if you enlarge the photo. Below is a photo of the cookies inside. I like the box to be reused if they want so I put wax paper in the bottom to keep the moisture off the paper. Voila! 



Now check out the fabulous creations from the Bread Sticks:

Julie * Chris * Lori * Paula * Cathy * Dawn 
Sandee * Wanda * Silke, Gracie



10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, these are gorgeous! I love blue too, and do you it the best!! Your card is beautiful with the ODBD paper and beautifully embossed star! Just love the layout and how you've sprinkled the little star and some "gems." And your lace and ribbon are gorgeous!! Wow, what a beauty! I love the cookie box -- cookies!! What a special gift, and I agree about allowing it to be used again. Beautifully decorated top, my friend, and I have to pin the box tutorial (love your tutorials!). Hugs, sweet friend, and keep warm!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Stacy! Your colors and projects are always amazing. Your cookie box is so special & wonderful. Love it!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Stacy girl, you are totally ROCKIN this month's stamps, dies, and papers!!! You know I love everything you create, but this month has been exceptionally awesome!!

Dawn said...

A beautiful card, Stacy, love the sponging. And what an awesome box! and tutorial to boot! Well done, gf!

Jean Bullock said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous Stacy!! I just love your box with the pastels and all your layering with the yummy looking cookies as well as the elegant card with the navy and white, details and the Beautifully embossed stars!!
hugs,
Chris

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful card, beautiful star! And I totally LOVE the cookie box! I need to make some more cookie boxes for my coworker's cookie mom. Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

Oh Stacy, these are wonderful projects! Very pretty!

Becky said...

Both of these are beautiful Love the rich blues and that beautiful star on the first one.

Cathymac said...

I always know that I'm going to find a wonderful treat or creative 3-D design when I stop by for a visit, Stacy! Love the metallic shine of the first card and what a wonderful and delicious treat someone will be receiving in your beautiful starry box!