Saturday, November 29, 2014

Winter Blitz Collection Day 1


Good morning! Are you all sick of turkey left overs yet?  Not me! I made extra rolls just for those warm turkey sandwiches. YUMO!  Well at Power Poppy we are in the mist of our Winter Blitz fun with the new Digi collection Winter Pick -Me-Up! Imagine poking around a chilly pasture, gathering plump stems of snowdrops, crocuses with their grass like foliage, all intertwined with the puffy catakins of pussy willow branches. If the thought of this alone isn't a "pick me up" in the middle of winter, I don't know what is. 



This Winter Pick Me Up is a  beautiful and delicate drawing that Marcy has once again blown me away with. My creation today is a longer card where I used three of the Digi images side by side. They are colored with various Copic markers. I added a decorative Spellbinders frame around the edge popped up on dimensionals. Scattered some glitter around the edges and added a few pearls to the centers of each edge. I also added the Digi Sentiment "You are in my thoughts always" with a pearl edge. Voila! 


Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations today: 
Christine Okken     
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker



9 comments:

Angelica Schmidt said...

Oh my goodness those flowers are gorgeous! Love how you framed them with that gorgeous die! Have a Blessed day!

Pauline said...

Wow - Stacey this is stunning. Love how you placed three of the images on your card and framed them with the spellbinders frame - gorgeous!

Karen W said...

Beautiful, great idea of using the three also.

ChristineCreations said...

The framing is so delicate and elegant Stacy. So perfect for these flowers! Lovely!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what a gorgeous card! I love how you've used this beautiful die and how you've popped the die and added pearls and sparkle! Really stunning! And your flowers are gorgeous, and I love the trio and how they peak through the frame (much like crocus do in spring). Stunning card and such a beautiful new digi! Warm hugs, sweet friend! (And, no, you can never have too many leftovers! Hehe!)

Leslie Miller said...

That's some pretty delicate work just popping up that frame, Stacy. And then there's all that gorgeous coloring... LOVE!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Stacy,

Ingenious and delicate card!

Cariños,
María Alba

Julie Ann said...

Love this card, very pretty.

Allison Cope said...

Not one, not 2 but three stunning bouquets! Love your design Stacy! Love those soft, subtle pinky crocus too!