Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Christmas Focus

We are in July already two days and you see a Christmas card. That is because the new Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge is up and this month is Sentiment Focused. Create a Christmas card where your focus is on the sentiment. There are loads of clean and simple cards used for sentiment only cards that I think are awesome. Not to mention some are easy to mass produce if you have a long Christmas list of cards to send out for the year.

My card today is using Blessed Christmas that I stamped onto white card stock. I then added the flower poinsettia in the set stamped lightly and colored with pastel Copics for a light coloring. My Grand Labels have been sitting here collecting dust so I figured a larger 5x7 creation was due. My designer paper is using ODBD Heart And Soul Pattern Paper collection die cut in Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals. Wrapped some of the double Lace Technique and ribbon center and a few jewels to tie it off. Voila!
Sure hope you get to play along with us this month. Have a wonderful day!



3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I agree! Cannot believe it's already into July already! I LOVE this Christmas card! Love your colors and beautiful embellishments and the fabulous shape! I definitely need to start making Christmas cards soon! Hugs, sweet friend!

Becky said...

This is so soft and elegant!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is so very pretty, Stacy! I love the shape, of course, but also how you focused on the sentiment while still allowing the lovely poinsettia image to show behind it. I really need this reminder to get some Christmas cards done. Thanks!