Monday, July 28, 2014

Velvet Sunflowers


Happy Monday and day Two of Power Poppy's Sneak Peeks! Today is warm and cozy like with our new Sunny Harvest. Did you know that Sunflowers come in several hybrid colors? I found these cool Velvet Orange and red sunflowers on Pinterest, here is a photo of what I found for inspiration.


I am not sure I quite got the orange right as this seems more of a reddish color, but I do like how it turned out. My frame is using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles with a circle cut in the middle for my sentiment underneath. A few enamel dots for the edge and voila! Super easy peasy today!


Be sure to check out the creations from the Bloom Brigade:



12 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Stacy -- love the reddish sunflowers with this fabulous layout! The colors just pop and the die cut edges just add that splash of class!

Angel said...

This is beautiful Stacy! I love ALL sunflowers! And the sentiment cut out is a fab idea!

Liz Williams said...

So beautifully done.

Liz Williams said...

So beautifully done.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this is so beautifully framed out Stacy!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a gorgeous sunflower Stace!! And what a beautiful way to frame the sentiment!! Love the sweet little red dots too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I LOVE how you've used the flowers around your beautiful frame! Love your frames, and it's beautiful inside that gorgeous Resplendent Rectangle! Gorgeous card! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, I love this color! It makes such a pretty card. They do come in so many colors it would be hard to say whether they're too red or not. Anyway, it's gorgeous and you can do whatever you want when you've got control of the coloring!

Davi said...

Beautiful, love the red frame to go with the lovely image :)

Kathy Jones said...

SQUEE!! Stac, I love all the RED! The flowers look amazing, love the frame and the sentiment cut out!!! Love, love, love!! :)

Allison Cope said...

Vibrant and bold and I love it! Great inspiration to pull from - so wild and gorgeous aren't they!? Stunning card Stac!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Stacy!! Love the red and the use of a negative sentiment panel. Sorry for the lack of commenting - life has been INSANE the past three weeks and toss in some vacation time w/o wifi and I'm sooo far behind!